Unity Tutorial 06 - Ruby's Adventure

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I finished up the 6th tutorial for Ruby's adventure which took me a while to finish since I kept getting errors but I managed to fix it after a few days of pain.


Visual Styling - User Interface - Head-Up Display 

For this tutorial we edited the UI so that the health-bar would appear in the top left corner of the screen. It was a little bit tricky when it came to resizing and positioning the images so that they wouldn't squish or anything but I managed to get there in the end. I also had to add Ruby's portrait in in addition to the health bar mask. I scripted the health bar so every time Ruby took damage by the robot, the health-bar would go down. I had an issue where I named the script "UL" instead of "UI" and i didn't realise it so the script wouldn't work at all but I found the issue and solved it. 

World Interactions - Dialog Raycast

In this tutorial we put an animated frog into the scene and I gave him a dialog, so whenever I press "X", the dialog appears and the frog asks Ruby to help fix the robot. This was also done with the UI Canvas. 

The health bar goes down when Ruby touches the Robot!

-Anna Zurawska




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Beta - Steer Clear