Exploring And Using Technology Tools

First week of college is done and dusted, So far this module has given everyone an opportunity to connect with each other online especially when it comes to twitter and slack. People are sharing their blogs on twitter and I've had two people comment on my blog through the app which is fantastic. I've talked with my college friends back and forth on what we can do with our blogs to make them more aesthetically pleasing and i've already dabbled with the blogger HTML after learning about it in first year!

One of the technology tools Shaun recommended was bookmarking important websites or images that we have used in our blogs which I did! So far I have an article that I read on Growth Mindset bookmarked in my browser and I'm starting to use Pinterest to get my brain going when it comes to new ideas and creative inspiration. 




Image editing won't really be a problem as I have photoshop installed on my laptop and I really enjoy editing photographs especially when they're my own work! I never thought I would find photoshop straight forward but after learning it in first year I feel extremely confident in my abilities. 

I honestly can't wait to start a project on Unity3D I know it'll take me some time to get used to the programme itself but i'm trying to hold on to some kind of positivity because this year has been boring and stressful. 

I actually never heard of WordPress before and I have no idea what it does, I just know that it's something to do with editing and designing websites but I'm way more familiar with brackets than any other web designing app.

I absolutely love Padlet. I feel like anytime a lecturer uses it I don't feel dumb asking a question because its anonymous! During the first week of college my web design lecturer used it to see what people were stuck on in terms of web development and everyone wanted a recap on everything that we have done in first year which was hilarious since I'm the exact same. 

The lecturer also mentioned that we'll be able to create our own graphics using websites like Canvas, Cheezburger etc.. I'm not really familiar with any of the websites but I'll be sure to post updates on them when we start using them in the future!

Technology tools are going to be extremely important from now on because of the pandemic, I feel like a lot of the lecturers will be using a variety of websites / apps to make everyones lives a little easier. I'm ready to co-operate and listen and I don't want this year to be stressful for anyone especially the lecturers!



(image source)



-Anna Zurawska


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document