Unity Tutorial 02

Lesson 1.4 

I was really looking forward to finding out how the player could actually interact and drive the car using the controls. In the first set of unity tutorials I kept asking myself "when will I be able to drive it?" so I got excited following this tutorial today! It is mostly to do with coding but unity has a really helpful axes menu that has all the movements programmed for you so you just have to put in the code for GetAxis. I'm still very confused on the coding in visual studio but I feel like if I do some challenges myself I will be able to understand it more clearly. It's all to do with practicing and leaving it up to yourself to figure it out because at the end of the day you're your own best teacher. I went back on the first tutorials just to remind myself what Time.DeltaTime was because it just disappeared from my head. 


LOOK AT MY CAR ROTATE!!


The first challenge : Quiz plane programming 

When I first started this challenge everything I learned just went out the window. I became confused but I was slowly able to understand as they have everything written down for you in the scripts, You just have to rearrange some things and add a little bit of code here and there. I do have to admit that I went back on the hints in the challenge tutorial. Also looking back on the previous unity tutorials helped so much. I even went as far as making the propeller move because I slowly understood the dynamics of the rotate code! I'm very proud of myself although I did have to google a lot. The propeller has its own file in the player folder so you just have to make a new script for it and drag it into all the other scripts for the challenge. I suggest looking back over your notes and taking down things that you would normally forget like the Time.DeltaTime because when I forgot I got extremely confused as my plane wasn't moving properly. Don't forget to drag your player file into your main camera (you'll understand once you get to it) I don't really know how to speak in terms of Unity so pardon my english. 


plane progress!



-Anna Zurawska



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document