Review Week - Comments and Feedback

 Over the weeks I have read welcoming comments on my blog and it made this year just a little bit less stressful. I love looking at my blog every other day and seeing new comments appear especially from the people who I haven't talked to at all last year. If we do end up going back to college next semester I have a feeling the atmosphere will be warmer than before.

 I think the comments on my project are the most useful because then I write notes on the important things people have mentioned. Things such as storylines for my game, the camera angles, the levels etc. I like the introduction blog comments as well because people know a little bit more about me and I remember a lot of things about people when I read their introduction posts which is handy!

The feedback comments that I'm writing on other students blogs are truthful and curious. I love seeing other peoples work because it makes me more motivated to perfect my own. Seeing the games being made last week kind of made me look for more assets I could use for my game because they had some incredible things implemented such as characters, the environment and so on. The assets i've seen gave me more ideas in terms of my own project and I'm excited to work on it this week!

Writing blog comments is a relaxing time to take away from the mountains of work we have to do throughout the semester. It's nice to have something small to carry out which is also a part of your grading. I feel like if I was blogging constantly like what we're doing now and we wouldn't need to comment then my blog would feel empty inside and I don't think there's a point to blogging if you're not connecting with each other. 

I think my blog is extremely simple and in the future I will definitely look at different ways to make it look more pleasing to the eye. Right now I just don't think I have the time for that and If I were to mess around with my blog I would probably break it. It's nice to put all of my information into one thing rather than having to submit constantly on moodle, I genuinely think it's a nice break from the it. 

I feel like we shouldn't limit ourselves when it comes to feedback. I think feedback is extremely important especially in terms of students work. I'm constantly on the look out for feedback and since this is an online learning environment it's much harder to receive it because you'll have to email a lecturer and wait for their response. Lecturers are stressed out as well because they have so many other things to do so feedback from students is necessary. We as a class help each other out no matter the circumstances, I'm always talking to my friends and asking them for their opinion on other projects and they're doing the same so it's a win-win situation. 



-Anna Zurawska



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document