Steer Clear - First Playable

This week was rather difficult for me because I had to figure out how to implement the scoring system and moving obstacles. My level is still not finished as I want to get everything working first before I start working on the level itself. 

I looked through some youtube videos that had scoring systems but a lot of them weren't working for my game so I decided to go back to this tutorial which was 23 minutes long and I managed to get it to work! I added in some gems instead of coins and made them small.

I also looked through the assets store and found a nature pack  which looked perfect for my game. I tried adding a grass texture onto my platform but it looked too fake and I like the smoothness of my platform so I left it as is. 

I fixed my issue with infinite jumping by going through this tutorial  and I also added moving obstacles. I tried going through different youtube videos but none of them made my obstacles move so I ended up searching it on google and I found a BackAndForth script which I then copied into my game. 

I'm still having some issues with the rotation of the camera but I will be fixing that this week as today was a really slow day for me.  I'm also going to start on the level itself as I got a lot of things to work such as the scoring system and moving objects so this will make everything much easier in terms of building the level. 

I have a big problem with the jump and speed pads, I spent over an hour trying to get them to work but I couldn't. I went through so many tutorials on Youtube and I even tried coding it myself with tags and jumpForce. I'm going to continue working on that first and if not I'm going to ask other students for help as I know a few people who have jump and speed pads in their game.


I added some terrain and the obstacles move at different speeds.

-Anna Zurawska

Comments

  1. Hey Anna!! I really love how your game looks great choice on the assets, I was having the same problem with my games when looking up certain code that my game needed and they didn't work which was really frustrating. I wonder how difficult your game will be looks like a challenging game but super fun!. What if you left out the jump and speed pads or are they necessary for your game, might save you some time and frustration, best of luck with your game !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna great work I really like the way your first playable looks.I also had a problem at the start with implementing obstacles and assets into my game but I think we all had similar problems when we started our game.I also like the little world you have created I'm just wondering when you play the game is it easy enough to control the game because it seems that the ball docent have much room to get passed the obstacles.Overall great work I am really looking forward to see your final game in action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document