Game Modifications (Player Communities) User Interface - Reading 05

Reading through my annotated bibliographies I noticed common themes among all of them. The only downside to my them is that I don't have a ton of information written for each so I will have to go back and read the academic articles once again. For my main project I have a few things I want to write about that I feel is important in terms of game modifications. 

1) What is a mod and the history and background of game modifications. (I need to get more information on this)

2) The active modding community that revolves around the gaming industry. Examples of this include Simtropolis, Nexus Mods, CurseForge and how they benefit fan programmers. 

3) What motivates the modding community and how much fan programmers benefit the gaming industry as well as the different skills fan programmers learn along the way in addition to complications. 

4) The different developmental tools that make it easier for fan programmers to mod their games. I will be talking about Half-life 2 and how their developmental tool impacted fan programmers and the gaming industry. I will also be talking about how fan modifications became games themselves such as Counter Strike. 

5) Different types of mods that fan programmers focus on - I feel like this is straightforward but I can't write an academic article on game modifications without explaining the different types of mods. Examples of this include modders, hackers, skinners, weaponry makers etc.


LINK TO HIGHLIGHTED ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHIES


-Anna Zurawska





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document