Planning - The start to my literature review

This week's task I was assigned to prepare for the literature review by looking up keywords that would help me find articles and information about my topic. The topic I decided to go for is "Game Modifications (Player Communities). I chose this topic because I'm very familiar with the modding community in a lot of games such as Minecraft, The Sims, Garry's Mod, Fallout 4, GTA etc. I think modding games is a big part of the gaming industry because fans get to engage and show their creativity by making the game more crazy and fun. It allows for numerous opportunities to make the game not sit out after you have finished playing with it. 


The keywords I'm going to be using



One of the librarians came and talked to us about the online library. Her name was Linsday and she was lovely and helpful anytime anyone asked a question. She provided us with numerous resources and certain webpages that would be of use to us during the making of our literature reviews. 

Our lecturer Shaun talked to us about the "Matrix Method" which looked a little complicating but I feel like if I make my own method and start reading the articles and searching up databases I will be able to find it useful and easy. I haven't started on the literature review and I know the second week will be a little harder for me but I'm glad that I'm learning all of these new skills which will boost me in my third year of college. 

I went through the databases and searched up specific keywords that I have written on the miro-board. I searched up a couple of these and looked through certain keywords that they would use and I went from there. 

-Anna Zurawska


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document