Rubys Adventure - Tutorial 04


Hi everyone! Today I went through the tutorials based of animations and the physics system. These were extremely long tutorials and I'm happy to be done with them.

 Sprite Animation

This tutorial was pretty long but I enjoyed making animations for the characters. The 2D animator looks much easier than the 3D animator and I'm proud of myself for understanding it. The animation clips were already provided but I had to put them together and save them for later use. The robot is a little broken because it only goes one direction but that was probably due to the previous tutorial. I like the fact that the finished scripts are at the end of the tutorial because I sometimes find it hard to know where the functions go. 


World Interactions - Projectile 

This tutorial was all about the physics system.  I remember doing this in the 3D tutorials but I found it easier going through the videos on this part. The tutorial didn't really describe the process very well and I found myself asking my friend on how to go about doing it. The cog is supposed to launch out of Ruby but my cog just kept falling down. The scripts at the end helped me fix the situation because when you go through it from the start they only show you bits of the scripts you have to put in so it gets extremely confusing. 


Look at that robot go


-Anna Zurawska





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document