Tutorial 1 - Week 14 (02) Ruby's Adventure!

 Hi Everyone! Today I've started on a 2D tutorial since I'm mainly going to be focusing on 2D for the rest of the semester. First of all I love how we get to freely paint the scene which we didn't have when we were doing 3D tutorials. I really like how we get to read the instructions instead of having someone to explain it to us. I love figuring it out for myself and the instructions are very clear and simple which I like. I feel like the instructions also have a guide to them so if you don't know what a specific thing is there's no need to worry because it explains everything anyway. 

The scene I created on Unity 


So this is the scene that I have painted. It's nothing too complicated because we were limited with the amount of tiles but I'm sure if I was more of an expert I'd make an incredible map with the tiles provided. We had the choice between 2d and VR even though VR sounds really exciting I don't want my laptop to combust because I have a feeling it will be really heavy on my laptop especially since it's also in 3D. This semester we're not making a game, instead we are participating in a game jam which sounds fun and I want to do something different this year instead of having to work on a game by myself. I want to participate with people and have some fun doing so. 


-Anna Zurawska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document