Unity Tutorial 03 - Ruby's Adventure

Hi everyone! This is the third week of the 2d Unity tutorials and i'm finding it very easy so far. I was a bit scared at first when I realised I had to read the set of instructions myself but now I prefer it over watching videos! In this set of tutorials it mainly focuses on collectibles and damage zones as well as enemies. 

 World Interactions - Collectibles

Coding was the main thing about these tutorials because it required for collectibles to be set to triggers. As soon as the character goes over to the strawberry collectible, it disappears and a message pops up at the bottom left corner making it clear that Ruby received a life. After Ruby has collected the life and the bar is full, when Ruby goes over to the strawberry again it doesn't get picked up.

World Interactions - Damage Zones and Enemies

In this tutorial, we made a damageable as well as an enemy that moves in one direction. They both harm Ruby which results in health loss. There's nothing much to say other than it required more coding like the first one. Ruby and the enemy don't have any animations so right now they're gliding across the map. 


What my map looks like so far, It's really not that interesting.

-Anna Zurawska



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document