Game Modifications (Player Communities) - Reading 07

Hi! 

For the reading task this week we decided to take a break from writing and focused on refining the paragraphs for our themes. Our lecturer shared a document with our names on it and we had to give out feedback to two people that we got assigned with. 

I also got feedback from my lecturer on one of my themes which was incredibly helpful so I had an idea where to start. He recommended that I describe what fan programmers are which I did on my first theme. I said that "fan programmers is another term used to describe the modding community". I didn't really get a clear definition when I searched it and I was seeing it a lot in my academic articles so I wanted to include it in my own paragraphs. I also refined the second theme and took out a sentence which didn't fit within the paragraph. I also made the title of the theme shorter and I just said "what motivates the modding community and the skills they learn in the process." 

Another piece of feedback I received from my peer was that I was missing a little bit of meat on the second theme which was "the active modding community that revolves around the gaming industry." I decided to talk a little bit about Nexus mods and Curseforge but I don't think there's anything more to say because they're all similar websites that users can upload and download mods from. 

In terms of giving feedback I encouraged one student to use quotations in reference to his themes because he didn't have any from the authors. I also told him to describe a few things more in detail if he could within his paragraphs so make them a little bit longer. 

For the other student I just told him to end the paragraphs with a conclusion rather than a quote and told him to reference his quotes as well and I gave him an example with my name (Zurawska, 2020).





LINK TO ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHIES

-Anna Zurawska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Beta - Steer Clear