Ruby's Adventure - Tutorial 05

 Hi! This week I went through the Camera and Visual styling tutorials that I got assigned. It went by pretty quick and I got to learn about the particle system within the 2D game.


Camera - Cinemachine

This tutorial took me 10 minutes. It wasn't long at all since we just downloaded a package onto unity and messed around with the camera settings. The package made it so the camera movement didn't go beyond the invisible barrier. I put water around the map so when Ruby goes to the water, the camera stops. 


Visual Styling - Particles

It took me a while to figure out this tutorial because during the start of it it said to go back to a previous tutorial to cut the sprites. But they linked it to a completely different thing and I had to ask around for answers. But after I got through that obstacle so everything else seemed easier to manage. I basically put a smoke effect onto the robot so it looked broken. This is where Ruby comes into place, so whenever Ruby hits the Robot, it gets fixed. The particle system has a lot of things in it such as giving directions to where the particles go, making the particles fade out after a while etc.

Robot is smoking

- Anna Zurawska



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to Frodo (and me)

The components of Game Design

Game Design Document